Meeting rooms and conference venues in New York City are getting expensive, just like the apartments in NYC. But depending on the types of meetings and conferences you are planning, you might re-think the overall cost effectiveness of the venue.
Below are some things to consider when you lease meeting rooms and conference rooms in New York City.
- Purpose of the Meeting or the Event – Are you meeting your clients or holding a seminar to generate customer leads? What is the ultimate goal of the actual event? Also, just like crafting the presentation materials, it is essential that you also know about your audiences before you lease meeting rooms, so you can pick the best settings or environment to make them feel most comfortable.
- Location – Accessibility will be the key to conducting successful meeting or conferences. Are most of the people coming from a particular place or area? Is the location easily accessible by the attendees? The location matters especially when you’re organizing an event where there is no commitment for attendance. So do lease meeting rooms in the right place where you can expect the most turnouts for your meeting or event.
- Amenities – What is your event’s style? Do you need multiple audio and visual equipment or a mounted flat screen TV? How about projectors or A/V equipment? Will your meeting be a video conference? Make sure that your venue is furnished with the right equipment to meet the needs of your events or meetings, providing you the best performance. Catering and beverage arrangement may be something that you should also consider when booking the venue.
- Technical Connectivity – Leasing meeting rooms with no Internet is like having no oxygen. Depending on the style of the meeting or the event, you may or may not need extensive technical devices. It is important to note that if you do plan on media heavy interactive meetings or events, make sure you hire onsite tech support or ask the venue where you lease meeting rooms for their onsite tech support, so you can conduct your event or meeting efficiently.
- Branding – If you want to create a lasting impression as a professional, efficient, and trustworthy business, pick the right place to build that image for your company. The attendees will often remember the venue as part of their experiences with you and therefore their impression of you and the brand image for the company. Revisit the purpose of the meeting and evaluate the importance of leaving a good brand image for the company.